5933Keep Together....

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Aug 2, 2009
      In WP 3.5ep, under the Layout pull-down menu, there is a Keep
      Together.... command. When I issue such a command, one of the
      choices is Keep Together Next [ ] Lines, and the
      [ ] is a box with increment and decrement arrows to the right. One
      can use these arrows to select the number of lines that one wants to
      keep together. Using this command essentially generates a
      Conditional-End-of-Page command so that one can avoid awkward page
      breaks.

      The default number is the [ ] box is 1. To me at least, that does
      not seem to make any sense. Issuing a command to keep together the
      next one line does not result in any change to the text. Why is not
      the default value 2? Or am I missing something?

      Is there a way to alter the default value?

      Many thanks in advance for any replies.
      --
      John Joseph McVeigh, Attorney at Law
      Butler, Maryland 21023-0128