5931Re: [wpmac] Firewire to SCSI Adaptor (was: A thank you....)

  • Edward Mendelson
    Jul 20, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

      > > Have you tried using the Firewire-SCSI adapter from within SheepShaver?
      > >--
      >
      > No, not yet. The G5 is still running OS 10.4, and Classic, so there
      > is no need.... at least not yet.

      Yes, Firewire to SCSI adapters do work under OS X (I have one of those Ratoc units that you mentioned), but they do NOT work inside SheepShaver. You can connect a SCSI device to OS X with a Firewire-SCSI adapter, but the programs running inside SheepShaver will never be able to detect or use or have any other contact with that SCSI device.

      In summary: Yes, a program running under OS X or Classic under OS X can see a SCSI device through a Firewire adapter.

      No, a program running inside SheepShaver (even if SheepShaver is running under OS X) will not be able to see that SCSI device.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic