5881Re: [wpmac] Re: cross platform editing in WordPerfect

  • Steve Kane
    Jun 24, 2009
      On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:30 PM, cpgrabill wrote:

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson"
      > <em315@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cpgrabill" <cpgrabill@>
      >> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> I have WordPerfect 7.0.2.45 installed on a Windows 2000 OS. My
      >>> friend has an old Mac (version unknown) which we are thinking
      >>> about installing WordPerfect for Mac 3.5e on.
      >>> The goal is to e-mail as e-mail attachments back and forth as we
      >>> mutually edit .wpd documents.
      >>
      >> This will work if and ONLY if your friend saves files from WP for
      >> the Mac in a "WP for PC" format. Files saved in the default, native
      >> format of WPMac 3.5e cannot be read by any version of WordPerfect
      >> for Windows.
      >>
      >> Details here:
      >>
      >> http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html#openinothers
      >>
      > Thank you very much for your quick help to us. Your news was not
      > what we wanted to hear, but the faster the truth is known the less
      > damage may be done.
      > Is there anything out there that can be used to share editing duties
      > on multi-page reports (with graphics) between her old Mac and my
      > Win2000 that is, furthermore, free or next to it??

      Google Docs is free, designed for collaborative document creating,
      sharing and editing over the internet. I don't know it's browser and
      operating system requirements:

      docs.google.com
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic