5877Re: cross platform editing in WordPerfect

  • Edward Mendelson
    Jun 23, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cpgrabill" <cpgrabill@...> wrote:

      > Thank you very much for your quick help to us. Your news was not what we wanted to hear, but the faster the truth is known the less damage may be done.
      > Is there anything out there that can be used to share editing duties on multi-page reports (with graphics) between her old Mac and my Win2000 that is, furthermore, free or next to it??
      If you want to preserve exact formatting between the Windows machine and the Mac, then the only way to accomplish this is by running the exact same program on both. If the old Mac has enough memory and speed, you might be able to install Virtual PC on the Mac, then install Windows 98 inside Virtual PC, and then install WordPerfect 7 in Windows 98. This would be slow, clumsy, unreliable, and generally frustrating, and may not even be physically possible. It makes more sense for you both to use Windows machines.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic