5876Re: cross platform editing in WordPerfect

  • cpgrabill
    Jun 23, 2009

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cpgrabill" <cpgrabill@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have WordPerfect 7.0.2.45 installed on a Windows 2000 OS. My friend has an old Mac (version unknown) which we are thinking about installing WordPerfect for Mac 3.5e on.
      > > The goal is to e-mail as e-mail attachments back and forth as we mutually edit .wpd documents.
      >
      > This will work if and ONLY if your friend saves files from WP for the Mac in a "WP for PC" format. Files saved in the default, native format of WPMac 3.5e cannot be read by any version of WordPerfect for Windows.
      >
      > Details here:
      >
      > http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html#openinothers

      Thank you very much for your quick help to us. Your news was not what we wanted to hear, but the faster the truth is known the less damage may be done.
      Is there anything out there that can be used to share editing duties on multi-page reports (with graphics) between her old Mac and my Win2000 that is, furthermore, free or next to it??
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic