5875Re: cross platform editing in WordPerfect

  • cpgrabill
    Jun 23, 2009
      Thank you for your help. However, it seems the conversions aren't entirely seamless; they lose some formatting in the conversion process. Is there anything we can get on our separate machines that will just open up the document so that it looks EXACTLY like it was made by the other, yet be edit-able by the recipient?

      > You'll be able to do this without much trouble. See the Conversions folder in the Files section here.
      >
      > John R.
      >

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "cpgrabill" <cpgrabill@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just joined this group this morning for the purpose of finding out some needed info ASAP. So please excuse any lapses in etiquette I may commit from not being an informed member.
      > > I have WordPerfect 7.0.2.45 installed on a Windows 2000 OS. My friend has an old Mac (version unknown) which we are thinking about installing WordPerfect for Mac 3.5e on.
      > > The goal is to e-mail as e-mail attachments back and forth as we mutually edit .wpd documents.
      > > Will my friend and I be able to simply open and work on the transferred .wpd documents or will there be some kind of conversion operation necessary? Also, will there be any formatting lost in passing the document betwixt the two WP programs mentioned? Mmmm... I guess I should ask whether WP 3.5e, notwithstanding it's different OS platforming, is even going to be able to display stuff created in my WP 7.0.2.45. Thank you for any help and/or advice you can give me.
      > > C.P. Grabill

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic