5840Re: Marking text in Outline mode

  • Edward Mendelson
    Jun 1, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "jeraldbricker" <jeraldbricker@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'm generating a list of directions using the Outline feature in WP where I refer to a later step in the protocol by saying "see Step #X below." I'd like to mark the #X so that it inserts the step number correctly in the text. That way if I add new steps to the directions all the links/step numbers are updated automatically. Is there a way to do this or do I need to go back and edit the document myself when I make changes?

      Search the WP help file (Cmd-?) for "cross-references" and follow the instructions there. The trick to making this work is that you mark the cross-reference as pointing to a "paragraph". You have to click Generate on the Lists toolbar to update the reference numbers after inserting new steps in the outline.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic