5828[wpmac] Re: Any Advice for Porting WordPerfect 10 Documents to a Mac?

  • Edward Mendelson
    May 25, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randy B. Singer" <randy@...> wrote:

      > I've never tried Fusion. I run Parallels along with Vista Home
      > Premium, and it works perfectly. Not flaky at all, excellent speed,
      > and no problems with printing or anything else.

      Another advantage of Fusion is that it lets you choose your actual
      printer from the Windows Print dialog. If you have a Deskjet and
      a LaserJet, then you can choose the Deskjet or the LaserJet from
      the list of printers in the Windows Print dialog.

      With Parallels, the Windows dialog always tells you that you're
      printing to an HP Color LaserJet or an Apple LaserWriter, which
      tends to be confusing if you don't actually have either printer.
      If you want to switch between two printers that you actually have,
      you need to go to the Configure dialog and then the Parallel Port,
      which isn't exactly intuitive. The whole printing system is a mess.

      In the real world, the speed difference between the two isn't
      noticeable - I have fully licensed copies of both. Both of them
      work, but Fusion works better than Parallels, and its printing
      system is vastly superior. Obviously, there's no reason to switch
      away from Parallels for anyone who paid for it, and for whom it
      continues to work. But for anyone starting out, there's no reason
      to prefer Parallels, and plenty of reasons to avoid it.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic