5816[wpmac] Re: Any Advice for Porting WordPerfect 10 Documents to a Mac?

  • Edward Mendelson
    May 23, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Ilvento, Tom" <ilvento@...> wrote:

      > I have used MacLink Plus Delux (not free) and have had good luck transferring Wordperfect files into Word. I cannot guarantee perfect format, but it does do a good job.

      But the original poster made it absolutely clear that it was crucial to
      preserve the "live" table math in WP documents - the spreadsheet-
      like feature that automatically updates a sum when you change a
      value in another cell.

      Absolutely NO software - NONE - can convert this feature from
      WPWin into another format. Not Word, not Acrobat, not OpenOffice.org,
      not MacLink Plus, not WP for the Mac, not anything at all except
      WordPerfect for Windows or WordPerfect for DOS.

      So, in answer to the original poster, the ONLY solution is to use
      WordPerfect for Windows for these files, which can be done fairly
      easily (with the ability to print them) using VMware Fusion on a
      Mac. (Also Parallels, but Parallels is slower and flakier and there's
      no reason to use it instead of Fusion. VirtualBox can't print without
      elaborate setting-up, so it's not an alternative that's worth
      pursuing.)
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic