5740[wpmac] Re: Appletalk Printing from SS Solved

  • Edward Mendelson
    Apr 4, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@...> wrote:

      > Your computer is ALWAYS 127.0.0.1

      Yes, but the address that you need to enter in the SHEEPSHAVER virtual machine is the address of the physical Mac that is the HOST machine. if you entered 127.0.0.1 in Sheepshaver, then the Sheepshaver machine would send the data to itself - not to the host machine. The number we're looking for is the number that ANOTHER machine needs to know in order to conact the OS X Mac.

      To say this in a slightly different way. We're talking about the address of the physical Mac host in relation to the Sheepshaver virtual machine. These are two different machines - you can't access ANOTHER machine by entering 127.0.0.1, and the whole point of this is that the Sheepshaver virtual machine is accessing ANOTHER machine - the host Mac.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic