5631[wpmac] Re: Help! with conversions

    Feb 5, 2009

      > I am sorry to say this, but sometimes I think that the list has
      > become almost entirely concerned with Sheepshaver and Basilisk. I
      > almost never see a query any more that is not concerned with those
      > emulators.

      The list may be focusing on SS and BL for the moment probably
      because these are relatively less-known machine configurations and
      need more attention at this point and, at the same time, support
      the newer OS and hardware that offer other advantages. At some
      point, I think soon, we will all be comfortable with emulators, and
      pay more attention to more general topics.

      > I may be in the minority by not having an Intel Mac, but
      > something tells me I am not. I do realize that as time goes on, our
      > numbers will shrink, but I also know that Macs are famed for their
      > longevity (and, after all, we are on a list devoted to a piece of
      > software that is quite venerable by software standards).

      We serious wordsmiths are also known for longevity, and plan to
      continue using the best word processing program ever written.
      BTW, it's faster and more stable than at any point in its history.

      > In the meantime, don't forget us.

      No worries!