5629Re: SpamSieve vs. legitimate WordPerfect posts?

    Feb 5, 2009
      This one that just showed up is the only spam I've seen on the list.
      There's quite a bit of spam sent to the list, all of which I delete. I
      don't know how this one got through, but I'll look further. Has
      anyone received more than this one spam message from this
      group?

      > I have SpamSieve, but I've been reluctant to mark as spam the
      > occasional spam sent to this list for fear that legitimate
      > WordPerfect list postings would be marked as spam. Anyone have
      > experience with whether SpamSieve can distinguish the two types of
      > list postings if I start to flag them as spam?
      >
      > On a related subject, I occasionally receive a type of spam from this
      > list that I've never received from any other Yahoo list: People
      > claiming to be members of this list, but who never actually posted
      > here, wanting me to "friend" them on a Facebook-like social website
      > whose name I can't remember.
      >
      > John R.: I assume you're the Yahoo Groups list administrator. Is
      > there some additional Yahoo Groups security option that you can
      > select that will reduce the spam? (I don't mean to impose on you
      > beyond your already heroic efforts, but thought it might be helpful
      > to raise this issue.)
      >
      > Thanks!
      > --
      >
      > Bob Stern