5619Re: [wpmac] Re: Help! with conversions

  • Rick Albright
    Feb 4, 2009
      On Feb 3, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Edward Mendelson wrote:
      > The best answer to that question is probably NOT to
      > use WPMac, but to convert the files for use with
      > Microsoft Word for the Mac or some other modern
      > software written for OS X. I don't think it's
      > practical for most people to set up a SheepShaver
      > or Basilisk II system simply to move files from
      > WPWin/WPDOS to Word-compatible format. So I've tried
      > to answer the question here:

      You are assuming, of course, that the user is using an Intel Mac.
      That may not be the case. While I realize that many members of this
      list do so, some of us still have Power PC (or even older) machines.
      It might be much simpler to stick with WordPerfect if Classic is
      involved.

      I am sorry to say this, but sometimes I think that the list has
      become almost entirely concerned with Sheepshaver and Basilisk. I
      almost never see a query any more that is not concerned with those
      emulators. I may be in the minority by not having an Intel Mac, but
      something tells me I am not. I do realize that as time goes on, our
      numbers will shrink, but I also know that Macs are famed for their
      longevity (and, after all, we are on a list devoted to a piece of
      software that is quite venerable by software standards). In the
      meantime, don't forget us.

      Rick Albright
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic