5616Re: [wpmac] Help! with conversions

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Feb 4, 2009
      On Tue Feb 3, 2009 6:17 am ((PST)), "Edward Mendelson" <em315@...> wrote:

      >I think it's possible that the original question may
      >have meant something more like this: "I have files
      >that I created in WordPerfect for Windows (or DOS)
      >and I want to use them on a Mac. What is the simplest
      >way to do that?"
      >WPWin/WPDOS to Word-compatible format. So I've tried
      >to answer the question here:

      Note that OpenOffice.org is not officially available (nor, to my
      understanding, supported) on PPC Macs; there are community builds
      that you can find if you know where to look, but the download system
      won't provide you with a download if you visit
      download.openoffice.org with a PPC Mac (I just checked). Anyone with
      a PPC Mac would either need to hunt around for the community builds,
      or use NeoOffice instead, which officially supports both PPC and
      Intel: http://www.neooffice.org/

      (Disclaimer: I have been, for a long time, a member of the
      community-staffed NeoOffice support team.)

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic