5613Re: Help! with conversions

  • Edward Mendelson
    Feb 3 6:17 AM

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <em315@>
      wrote:

      > > John, does the Files section have any converters for WPWin files?
      >
      > Yes it does, plus excellent conversion guides by Jonathan Busch
      > and Smokey Ardisson.

      Ah, I see, yes. But those methods all assume that the
      goal is to edit the WPWin/DOS files in WPMac. However,
      I think it's possible that the original question may
      have meant something more like this: "I have files
      that I created in WordPerfect for Windows (or DOS)
      and I want to use them on a Mac. What is the simplest
      way to do that?"

      The best answer to that question is probably NOT to
      use WPMac, but to convert the files for use with
      Microsoft Word for the Mac or some other modern
      software written for OS X. I don't think it's
      practical for most people to set up a SheepShaver
      or Basilisk II system simply to move files from
      WPWin/WPDOS to Word-compatible format. So I've tried
      to answer the question here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wptoword.html#wordformac
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic