5598Re: How to upgrade the System

  • mrm21956
    Jan 16, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Keith Addison <gha@...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > Has anyone managed to upgrade to 9.0.4?
      >
      > All best
      >
      > Keith

      I have a 1.25GB disk image with 9.0.4 installed, running under Sheepshaver on a MacBook
      Pro 17" C2D 2.33. I can't fully recall how I set this up, but I think I:
      1. installed John's then current version of SS WP, got it running and then quit out of SS;
      2. used OSX Disk Utility to create a new 1.25GB blank disk image;
      3. changed the disk used by SS to the new blank image, started up SS, inserted the 9.0.4
      retail install disk in the MBP's DVD drive, ran the 9.0.4 install program and then shutdown
      SS again;
      4. added John's SS WP disk image as a second disk for use by SS, started it up, installed WP
      3.5.4 from my original install disks (and a few other old 680x0/PPC programs I use
      occasionally), upgraded to WP 3.5e and then copied various of John's files over to my new
      disk.

      Voila -- it worked, and continues to do so today, a few SS upgrades later. (MS apps are
      very flaky, however, but weren't they always?)

      I'm sure others on this site can tell you of easier ways to upgrade if you really want to do
      so. You could try to do it the way I've mentioned above, but I may have misremembered
      some of this -- its a couple of years since I set it up.

      Mark McKeon
      Brisbane, Australia
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic