5575Re: [wpmac] Re: New version of SheepShaver install in progress - what needs to be ad

  • Geoffrey S. Mendelson
    Jan 12, 2009
      On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 04:22:00AM -0000, John Rethorst wrote:
      >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Speaking of instructions, I can't find, or figure out any way of creating
      >> a new disk image that works with SheepShaver AND can be checked/repaired
      >> with Leopard's disk utility.
      >
      >Use SheepShaver Prefs (the original) to create a disk image. What
      >happens when you quit SS and then check this image with Disk Utility?

      1. I created an image, New.dsk, with SS prefs.
      2. I tried to open it with disk utility and it would not find it.
      3. I renamed it new.dmg.
      4. Disk utility opened it, but could not find any mountable file systems.
      5. I changed the prefs to the new image and started SS.
      Note, without a bootable disk image, SS will not shut down. :-(
      6. When I boot Macos, I was asked to intialize the volume, I chose
      MacOS standard and intialized it.
      7. Disk utility mounts the image, but finds no file system on in it
      claiming no partition map.

      Thanks,

      Geoff.
      --