5457Re: [wpmac] Re: WOW! (Was: A small and simple way to use WPMac files on today's Macs)

  • John Sandel
    Nov 2, 2008
      Ed, this is kind of amazing. Have you considered running for
      President? I hear the job's gonna be open in a day or two …

      I do have a serious suggestion: for newbies (& the ignorant, such as,
      well, me), would either of you be willing to draw up a simple,
      2-column document checking off the salient differences between these
      two approaches to deploying WPMac on OS X?

      If it's not too much trouble, it may go a long way towards answering
      FAQs and help fend off repeated questions to the list about "Which
      should I use?" and "Will it do [X]?"

      If this seems like a good idea, you could post the comparison chart to
      the Yahoo group as usual and refer folks there.

      Well done!

      JS

      On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Edward Mendelson <em315@...> wrote:
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Terrific!
      >>

      > John,
      >
      > Does that mean it worked??? (I hope so.) (And does it work
      > on Tiger, which I think I remember you're still using?)
      >
      > And I hope the script has some interesting tidbits. Someday
      > I may actually learn Applescript so that the whole thing can
      > be a bit more consistent.
      >
      > Since uploading, I've added a test for Intel/PPC to the script
      > and will post a revised file someday before too long.
      >
      > E.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic