5338Re: [ANN] Public beta - Open WP files in SS from OSX.zip

  • Edward Mendelson
    Aug 31, 2008

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@> wrote:
      >
      > > Have you set your SS Unix folder to your OSX desktop? This setup will only
      > > open files that are in the SS Unix folder or a subset thereof, since that's all
      > > that SS can see. Experimenting with aliases to other places, e.g. the
      > > desktop, is the next step.
      > >

      > Yes, the file I'm trying to open is in the SS Unix folder (which is
      > /myname/Documents/ClassicDocuments). The error message I get is "Can't get file
      > 'Macintosh HD:Users:edward:DesktoptransferData' of application 'Finder'"

      OK - I see what's wrong here. A file called "transferData" gets written to my Desktop, and the
      script SHOULD be looking for ..."Desktop:transferData", not "DesktoptransferData". I've run
      the script many times to tell it where the Unix folder is (NOT the Desktop), but that doesn't
      seem to have fixed this at all.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic