5312Re: [wpmac] Further integration of WP in SheepShaver with OSX

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Aug 19, 2008
      On Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:42 pm ((PDT)), "John Rethorst"
      <jrethorst@...> wrote:

      >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ted_m_p_lee" <tmplee@...> wrote:
      >> (Associate a compiled
      >> version of that script with the WP doc type, rather than WP itself.)
      >How do you do that?

      With an open handler and some Info.plist (and PkgInfo) changes in the
      app bundle (you'll have to save the script as an "Application
      bundle", which also has the added benefit of producing a Universal

      You'll want to add these three key sets (this is based on another
      app(let) I'd written). CFBundleTypeIconFile and CFBundleTypeName are
      optional. The MIME type, extension, and OSType should match all
      values for all supported file formats that you'd reasonably want WP
      to be the default for (WPG files are the only things missing, I
      think); if you want to use separate icons for each document type,
      simply duplicate that dict and have each dict's subkeys only handle
      one document type apiece. I stole Kevin's website to use in the
      CFBundleIdentifier because com.yahoo.groups isn't very useful, but if
      you have your own domain, it should be the first part of the bundle
      ID; the second part should be some form of the app name.
      CFBundleSignature needs to be valid and unique, and the second 4
      characters in the app's PkgInfo file must match.

      <string>WordPerfect Document</string>

      After getting this all set up, you'll have to update your
      LaunchServices database's entries for the app in order to test it
      (users downloading the final app won't, thankfully).

      John, if this gets mangled by the group, I can send you the .plist
      snippets off-list. I posted this here because others in the group
      may be interested in doing the same sort of thing with AppleScript
      apps they write....

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic