5272Re: [wpmac] NY State Bar exam - Windows only

  • Sri Gupta
    Jul 30, 2008
      A lot of such software supports macs- the two packages that were used
      when I was in law school were SecureExam and Exam4, both of which
      fully support OS X. I believe the Louisiana bar uses Exam4 and
      supports the use of Macs.

      In NY, last year they used SecureExam, but there was a software bug
      that destroyed ~50 exams and required those people to retake the Bar.
      Most people in the legal community considered that a fairly huge
      disaster. This year NY switched to SofTest- which doesn't have a mac
      version, hence macs being unsupported.

      -Sri

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

      > The taking of law-school exams on Mac laptops has been problematical
      > for some time. Many, if not most, schools have required the use of a
      > Windows program that locks out major portions of the hard drive to
      > prevent test-takers from consulting notes, etc.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic