5174[wpmac] Re: editing and saving to .wpd

    Jul 1, 2008
      Michael

      Apologies if I've misread your later explanations, but you use a Mac
      and need to edit and save documents in wpd format. You currently open
      and edit in OpenOffice, AbiWord or Word (that bit I wasn't too clear
      on).
      1) What sort of Mac? Intel or PPC?
      2) What OS is used on the Mac - OS X 10.4 (or lower) or 10.5?
      If the OS is 10.4 or lower and it's a PPC Mac you can run WP for Mac
      under Classic and save as WPWIN 8 (which is the same file format as
      WPWIN 12, at least). When you Save As, remember to do so with
      "Filename.wpd". On an intel mac or any mac running 10.5, it's the
      same process, but you'll need to use the Sheepshaver emulation and
      get the file off the sheepshaver volume (John Rethorst's setup and
      guidance is brilliant).
      Things to watch out for in the conversion to WPWIN8: Double
      Indentation doesn't automatically work on the Windows side (Single
      Indentation does).

      By the way, if you have an intel mac, why not buy Parallels or VM
      Fusion and run Windows under either with WPWIN on your virtualized
      Windows machine?

      Geoff