4890password protected documents

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Mar 2, 2008
      > clicking the file opened NeoOffice
      > with a blank document. The document window had the
      > document's title, but no content.

      Jerry, Mike, Pam, and John, I just created a password-protected doc in
      WP, then tried to open it: first in NeoOffice, which resulted in an
      unintelligible hash of characters; then in CanOpener 5 (a very useful
      utility for getting the text out of nearly any kind of file, including
      corrupted ones), which yielded a larger unintelligible hash.
      Non-encrypted WP docs open as they should in CanOpener, though with what
      I take to be formatting codes mixed into the text as extra characters.
      Guess it's good to know we've got such strong encryption in WP. Hope
      Jerry can figure out his old password(s). Tom
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic