4888copying and pasting plain text

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Mar 2, 2008
      Hi, Everyone. As a WP user I can take for granted the pasting of plain
      text, i.e. without formatting, so it assumes the formatting of wherever
      it is pasted into. Command-F4 is the default keystroke, which can of
      course be changed. In M$ Office pasting plain text is a multi-step
      process unless automated with a macro.

      PowerPoint is a particular pain because the Mac version cannot record
      macros, and apparently PP macros are tweaky even in Windoze. I compose
      outlines of my presentations in WP, then abstracting a PowerPoint out of
      it (to me, onscreen presentations should be a telegraphic summary of the
      presentation, not the full text). I just found, however, that when I
      copy using a WP macro called Copy Text Only, I can then paste into
      PowerPoint 2004 (it actually works without even stopping to click on the
      SS desktop) and instantly get the right format, as set on the PP master

      (I may look into Keynote eventually, but need PP most of the time
      because of its cross-platform compatibility.)

      The macro was written by George Maschke and dated 1995. I do not recall
      how I got it, probably from the Corel website years ago; it does not
      appear to have been in the WP Mac News. George has this language at the
      bottom of the Read Me: "The Copy Text Only macro is free, and may be
      freely distributed, but not sold." John, can we put it up on Yahoo? Tom

      Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
      Licensed Clinical Psychologist
      1140 Lake Street, Suite 508
      Oak Park, IL 60301-1053