4754[wpmac] Re: PPC and SS 1.1

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Feb 13, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Sigman <sigman@...> wrote:

      > >I haven't heard stories of people using Leopard and
      > >then rebooting in 9.x. I thought I had heard that one
      > >could do that in Leopard, but I haven't seen anything
      > >about that after the early publicity. Sorry about all
      > >the rumors in this.
      > >
      > >Daryl
      >
      > It's possible, but only if you're running one of the very limited
      > number of machines that meet Apple's specs for Leopard while still
      > being old enough to be OS 9 bootable. A handful of G4 models, in
      > other words.
      >
      > Greg

      It actually does work. I have a G4 that seems to have just enough oomph to run Leopard.
      I'd installed Leopard on a separate partition on an external drive and was able to boot the
      G4 from that just fine. (The drive's needed for something else so I couldn't keep it
      attached to the G4.) I was still able to boot into Tiger or OS 9 from the hard drive on the
      G4. (I can't install Leopard on the drive itself - not enough room left.) It actually was kind
      of cool when I went to the start up drive panel to find something like a half-dozen
      different systems I could have booted into! (because I'd backed up clones of the other
      machines in our home network on separate partitions of that external drive.)

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic