4751[wpmac] Re: PPC and SS 1.1

  • davesallee
    Feb 13, 2008
      I have confused the topic for you all. My real issue is that I am not
      able to get SS 1.1 to install on my PPC Mac Mini with Leopard installed.
      I get the following message from the installer

      Can't set <<class cfol>> "Folder Action Scripts" of <<class cfol>>
      "Scripts" of <<class cfol>> "Library" of <<class cfol>>
      "MyDriveName:Users:myname:" of application "Finder" to file "Print&PDF
      Folder Iterms.scpt" of <<class cfol>>
      "MyDriveName:Users:myname:Desktop:SS-WP 1

      I apologize for the confusion created by my post concerning my attempt
      to install on my G5. My only reason for doing so was to point out that
      the same message was returned. Sorry about that.

      David Sallee

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Daryl Chinn <darylngee@...>
      wrote:

      > This page, from apple/support:
      >
      > <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86775>
      > (read carefully!)
      >
      > talks about installing and running Classic and for
      > what machines. My late PB G4 does not boot in Classic
      > (as my Titanium does), but it does run Classic under
      > 10.4.11 and therefore runs my WP 3.5e. No need for
      > Sheepsaver.
      >
      > Daryl
      >
      > --- Edward Mendelson emendelson@...
      > wrote:
      >
      > > The question of whether or not a PowerPC Mac can
      > > boot into OS 9 (as opposed to running Classic in
      > > OS X) depends on the machine's hardware - not
      > > on whether Leopard or Tiger is something else is
      > > running.
      > >
      > > The last PowerBooks that could boot into OS 9
      > > were the Titanium models. The aluminum models
      > > cannot boot into OS 9 (but they can run Classic
      > > under OS X).
      > >
      > > The last iBooks that could boot into OS 9 were
      > > the iBook G3 models.
      > >
      > > As for other machines,the only way to get a
      > > reliable answer is to search Apple's site. A
      > > Google search for
      > >
      > > boot "os 9" site:apple.com
      > >
      > > should yield useful facts.
      > >

      > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Daryl Chinn
      > > darylngee@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have a PPC G4 Late Powerbook, 10.4.11, and I run
      > > WP
      > > > under Classic. If you have Classic, you shouldn't
      > > > have to install Sheepsaver and then WP. Have you
      > > > tried that?
      > > >
      > > > Leopard is another situation, since it does not
      > > run
      > > > Classic, nor do any Intel machines.
      > > >
      > > > I haven't heard stories of people using Leopard
      > > and
      > > > then rebooting in 9.x. I thought I had heard that
      > > one
      > > > could do that in Leopard, but I haven't seen
      > > anything
      > > > about that after the early publicity. Sorry about
      > > all
      > > > the rumors in this.
      > > >
      > > > Daryl

      > > and