4743[wpmac] Re: PPC and SS 1.1

  • Edward Mendelson
    Feb 13, 2008
      The question of whether or not a PowerPC Mac can
      boot into OS 9 (as opposed to running Classic in
      OS X) depends on the machine's hardware - not
      on whether Leopard or Tiger is something else is
      running.

      The last PowerBooks that could boot into OS 9
      were the Titanium models. The aluminum models
      cannot boot into OS 9 (but they can run Classic
      under OS X).

      The last iBooks that could boot into OS 9 were
      the iBook G3 models.

      As for other machines,the only way to get a
      reliable answer is to search Apple's site. A
      Google search for

      boot "os 9" site:apple.com

      should yield useful facts.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Daryl Chinn <darylngee@...> wrote:

      > I have a PPC G4 Late Powerbook, 10.4.11, and I run WP
      > under Classic. If you have Classic, you shouldn't
      > have to install Sheepsaver and then WP. Have you
      > tried that?
      >
      > Leopard is another situation, since it does not run
      > Classic, nor do any Intel machines.
      >
      > I haven't heard stories of people using Leopard and
      > then rebooting in 9.x. I thought I had heard that one
      > could do that in Leopard, but I haven't seen anything
      > about that after the early publicity. Sorry about all
      > the rumors in this.
      >
      > Daryl
      >
      > --- davesallee <LebMoLaw@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I tried on my G5 operating under Tiger 10.4.11 and
      > > got the same result.
      > >
      > > The screen comes up out of the installer and says
      > >
      > > Can't set <<class cfol>> "Folder Action Scripts" of
      > > <<class cfol>>
      > > "Scripts" of <<class cfol>> "Library" of <<class
      > > cfol>>
      > > "MyDriveName:Users:myname:" of application "Finder"
      > > to file "Print&PDF
      > > Folder Iterms.scpt" of <<class cfol>>
      > > "MyDriveName:Users:myname:Desktop:SS-WP 1
      > >
      > > Any ideas?
      > >
      > > David Sallee
      > >

      > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John
      > > Rethorst" <jrethorst@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com,

      > > MacMini with Leopard
      > > what do I need and
      > > where
      > > >
      > > > It's certainly possible, and everything you need
      > > is included in
      > > > the download. What happens when you try to
      > > install?
      > > >
      > > > John R.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic