4703Re: Upgrading from OS 8.5 to 9.04 on Intel

  • hnd101
    Feb 5, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Spencer" <N.Spencer@...>
      wrote:
      I therefore bought a second hand
      > Indigo iMac off ebay with the requisite 9.04 installation and
      > restore discs, but have never managed to install 9.04 on
      > Sheepshaver.

      Have you tried simply copying the System Folder from the iMac? I think
      there are extensions which won't work, but maybe the system itself
      would. If not, what about using a spare external drive and doing a
      Custom Install - Complete System for This or Any Macintosh (my iMac
      installation disk got caught in a filing cabinet drawer and broke in
      half, so I can't check this, but it can be done with earlier systems -
      I run machines with OS 9/8/7/(6 even)).

      9.0.4 is apparently available as a free upgrade if you can get System
      9 installed at all; requires PPC but should be portable.

      The Indigo iMac of course isn't Intel, so the emulation is certainly
      necessary...

      Hugh
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic