4326Re: [wpmac] SheepShaver questions

  • Randall C. Wilson
    Oct 29, 2007
      I'm just referring to my own experience on a Titanium Powerbook.
      Once Tiger was installed all attempts to install OS9 (from original
      installation disks) failed because the installer programs insisted
      that the hard drive (which had been re-initialized before installing
      Tiger) already contained a system folder. After two days of
      frustration, what worked was going back to Panther, installing an OS9
      partition and then upgrading to Tiger. It's pretty much a forgotten
      issue now. Other users experiences may have varied.

      >I hate to disagree with this notion but I have to since I have an
      >Apple CD which allows installation of OS 9.2.2 on any mac which has
      >Tiger running and does not have a current OS 9 installation. this
      >includes those PowerMacs which cannot boot into OS 9. It does not,
      >however, include the newer Intel Macs. Just the PPC ones.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic