4299Re: [wpmac] SheepShaver questions

  • Rick
    Oct 29 9:40 AM
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randall C. Wilson"
      <shieldwolf@...> wrote:
      > Are we certain that SheepShaver will be needed to run a classic
      > application under Leopard? Tiger ended support for classic as well,
      > but if you install Tiger onto a PPC machine that already has Classic
      > and a working OS9 folder installed, Classic continues to run fine
      > under Tiger.
      > The one thing I found-after reformatting a Powerbook and installing
      > Tiger-is that you cannot install OS9 on a machine if Tiger is already
      > installed. (OS 9 must be installed before Tiger.)

      I hate to disagree with this notion but I have to since I have an
      Apple CD which allows installation of OS 9.2.2 on any mac which has
      Tiger running and does not have a current OS 9 installation. this
      includes those PowerMacs which cannot boot into OS 9. It does not,
      however, include the newer Intel Macs. Just the PPC ones.

      > 7:10 PM -0700 on 10/27/07, Bob Stern wrote:
      > >In preparation for Leopard, I just installed John Rethorst's
      > >wonderful SheepShaver package on my PPC Mac in Tiger. (Thanks a
      > >million, John!)
      > --
      > /S/ Randall
      > mailto:rwilson@...