4235Re:Copying stuff to Home Folder [from SheepShaver]

    Oct 2, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "George B. Richardson" <gbr@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, John. I don't remember how or why the root level HD got to be
      > UNIX. However, I'd be happy to change it. How do I do that? I opened
      > SheepShaverGUI, but didn't see anything there that would set a new
      > "transfer folder".

      I would use the SheepShaver Prefs utility, free here at
      Files > SheepShaver > SheepShaverPrefs.zip. It has a better interface
      than SheepShaverGUI.

      In the leftmost tab, Setup, you'll see Unix Root with a text entry
      area to its right. Type in the path to e.g. your Documents folder. On
      my machine that's:

      /users/jrethorst/documents/

      Quit SheepShaver Prefs and fire up SheepShaver.