4226Re: Copying stuff to Home Folder [from SheepShaver]

    Oct 1, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "George B. Richardson" <gbr@...> wrote:

      > I have been able to save files to UNIX [which is not my home folder,
      > but the root level of the HD]

      The SheepShaver developers recommend not designating either the
      root level of your HD, or your Home folder, as the SS transfer folder
      (Unix disk).

      > from within OS 9 applications, and I've
      > been able to pick up files from my home folder and bring them to the
      > SheepShaver desktop.

      If you drag files from the Unix disk onto the SS desktop, you're not
      actually copying them to the SS volume. You can find them in a
      folder named Desktop within the transfer folder on your OSX disk.
      I would drag them from the Unix disk onto the SS volume or a
      folder thereof. You can thereafter move them to the SS desktop if
      that's convenient.

      > While I said error message, to be accurate,
      > what's happening is a total SheepShaver crash or, occasionally,
      > SheepShaver desktop loses all its icons and freezes, requiring a
      > force quit.

      This may be the result of designating either your Home folder or
      HD root level as the SS transfer folder/Unix disk. I use the Home/
      Documents folder as the transfer folder, which works fine here on
      both Intel and PPC, but some users designate a dedicated folder
      within their Documents folder or elsewhere.