4158Re: Free anti-virus software for OSX

    Sep 2, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Jones, C.E.T." <pjones1@...> wrote:

      > I am trying the trial version of virusBarrierX
      >
      > after I installed I tried out the manual test and even though I know it
      > just scans and doesn't repair; I noticed what it did was cycle back and
      > forth. It counted from 100% down to 0 Percent% it had gone through this
      > twice before I notice it cycling back and forth. Is this normal. Looks
      > Like it would count files to determine how many there are to look at
      > then count to 100% to test. then when you get to 100% check it would
      > shut down. Should I have just let it cycle back and forth?

      ClamXAV does not let you scan the entire startup disk, since Apple
      includes a symbolic link to that disk on that disk. When the scan
      reaches the link it begins to scan the disk again, recursively. With
      Clam, you can effectively scan the entire startup disk by selecting
      every visible item on the disk, in the Select dialog. VirusBarrierX
      might have the same issue.