4156Re: [wpmac] Free anti-virus software for OSX

  • Randy B. Singer
    Sep 1, 2007
      On Sep 1, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:

      > after I installed I tried out the manual test and even though I
      > know it
      > just scans and doesn't repair; I noticed what it did was cycle back
      > and
      > forth. It counted from 100% down to 0 Percent% it had gone through
      > this
      > twice before I notice it cycling back and forth. Is this normal. Looks
      > Like it would count files to determine how many there are to look at
      > then count to 100% to test. then when you get to 100% check it would
      > shut down. Should I have just let it cycle back and forth?

      I really don't know what you are referring to.

      But then again, once you have installed VB, you never have to do a
      manual scan again. So if you can live with what it is doing, and it
      can get through a scan, you're good.

      There is a test (harmless) virus that you can download to see if the
      program works:

      EICAR virus
      http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

      Randy B. Singer