4061Re: Best word processing application under Mac OS 9

  • manfred_dogg
    Aug 2, 2007
      WordPerfect is a much superior product. The formatting is more
      intuitive and flexible. If you have ever used a H-P calculator, the
      Reverse Polish Notation they use is much superior to the standard
      method used by most calculators. Of course RPN is not as intuitive as
      the standard method, but its superiority comes from the ease of use
      and flexibility it offers.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Frederic W. Erk"
      <discuss.ihsd@...> wrote:
      > One year ago I switched to classic Macintosh for word processing,
      > which is essential to my research work. I have installed Microsoft
      > Office 2001 suite, as well as Corel WordPerfect 3.5e and Nisus. I
      > would be interested to hear about fellow users and their opinion
      > about those software. Whereas Microsoft does provide for standard
      > performance, I have found Nisus and WordPerfect more appealing. Is
      > that because Microsoft graphical user interface is so mediocre, or is
      > it because WordPerfect is indeed a superior word processing piece of
      > software?
      > --
      > Frederic W. Erk
      > http://fredericerk.com