3945Re: Is there really a version of WP for the Mac?

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Jun 7 6:09 PM
      Geoff, I recently played around with WPWin 11, and it will import WPMac
      files, though WPMac is not listed under export formats. The trick is
      that the WPMac files have to be in the 3.x format rather than 3.5e AKA
      WPMac 4. Save As WP 3.x, or use the droplet in John’s WordPerfect Tips
      & Macros under File types:

      "You might want to change some files from WP version 3’s format to the
      newer 3.5e type or vice versa, for example to import into a page layout
      program. This AppleScript does it easily. It’s a droplet, so you can
      drag and drop one or more files on it in the Finder, or double-click to
      open and choose a file to change. Save this script in your AppleScript
      editor as an application, not showing startup screen:

      on run
      set theFile to choose file with prompt "Choose a file:"
      doIt(theFile)
      end run

      on open theDrop
      repeat with theFile in theDrop
      doIt(theFile)
      end repeat
      end open

      on doIt(theFile)
      tell application "Finder"
      if file type of theFile contains "WPD3" then
      set file type of theFile to "WPD4"
      else if file type of theFile contains "WPD4" then
      set file type of theFile to "WPD3"
      end if
      end tell
      end doIt

      "

      John, hope you don't mind my simply pasting your AppleScript into the
      message like this. I have used it a lot.

      ALSO, the file has to have the .wpm file extension for WPWin to open it
      (don't know if .wpd would work, haven't tried that; I do these
      experiments on a PC at the hospital that has WPWin 11 installed).

      Hope this helps.

      Tom

      > Re: Is there really a version of WP for the Mac?
      > Posted by: "Geoff Gilbert" Geoff@...
      > Date: Wed Jun 6, 2007 11:25 pm ((PDT))
      >
      >> >BTW, WPWin did at one time have filters to open WPMac 3 files and to
      >> >save as WPMac, I think thru WP 10, but the version I have, 11, lacks
      >> >this feature.
      >> >Tom
      > Tom
      >
      > I have X3 under Parallels. Is there a way for WPWin to open WPMac
      > files directly or do I need to save as WP6 in the WPMac dialog?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Geoff
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic