3922is there a feature similar to "track changes" on wordperfect?

  • nadia.aymone
    Jun 4, 2007
      Let me thank all for your help ahead of time. I'm not the most
      technologically adept person in the universe, and so I greatly
      appreciate any aid and/or comfort...

      Here's my situation:
      I'm working on a large editing project for a client who only uses
      wordperfect. I have a mac, and so I've downloaded the corel3.5
      version of wordperfect, and the os 8/9 updater (i have an osx mac, but
      run wordperfect in classic mode).

      I'm having a TON of trouble using it -- not wordperfect itself, which
      is fine, but just the act of converting files from word to wordperfect
      and so on -- that I'm trying to work through*, but my main concern is
      that I need a feature on wordperfect similar to "track changes" in word.

      I've searched online, and it seems as though there should be an
      "annotations" feature on wordperfect; it just doesn't happen to be on
      my version.

      Is there something I can do to remedy this? Am I just somehow missing it?

      Thank you so much for your help. I can't tell you how much I
      appreciate it.

      xo
      nadia

      *PS -- In case someone out there really wants to help out -- I'm
      running wordperfect off an external hard drive upon which i (or
      rather, the dude at the mac store) installed os 9 (os 9 wasn't on my
      ibook g4 for whatever reason). when i try to open a file from
      wordperfect -- either a word file, a wordperfect file, or an rtf file
      -- sometimes the file name shows up on the menu, but usually it
      doesn't (even when I have it set to "all" instead of "documents" or
      "wordperfect files"). Folder names will show up, but not the
      documents within the folders. But then -- sometimes they do show up.
      Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

      THANKS SO MUCH!!
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic