3806Re: [wpmac] SheepSaver pre-compiled installer - upgrade possible?

  • Randy B. Singer
    Apr 16, 2007
      On Apr 16, 2007, at 9:28 AM, bruckwine wrote:

      > Hi guys downloaded the .zip John provided and it works great except
      > it's OS 7.5... can the SheepSaver OS be updated to OS 9?

      I don't run SheepShaver myself, but I've read a lot of discussion
      about it.

      Here is SheepShaver's home, where you can find lots of information:
      http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/en/projects/sheepshaver

      On that page you will see that SheepShaver only supports up to OS
      9.0.4. However, I've heard from several folks who have not been able
      to successfully use OS 8.1 or later. Note that OS 8 and beyond are
      commercial releases of the Mac OS, they are not available via free
      download.

      Randy B. Singer
      Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (3rd, 4th, and 5th editions)

      Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html