3727Problem Solved.......& another appears

  • rifetube
    Mar 8, 2007
      I discovered that folders which were created in a Mac OS 9
      environment are not recognizeable by SS. As I'd mentioned
      in an earlier post, some items showed up in the "Unix"
      drive on my SS desktop, and others did not. (I should
      mention here that many of the ƒ's in my OS X Documents ƒ
      were transferred directly from my OS 9 computer.) To
      confirm this, I created a new ƒ in the OS X environment,
      labeled it the same as a ƒ containing WP documents which I
      had directly transferred from my OS 9 computer (which SS
      didn't see), then filled the new ƒ with the WP documents
      from the original OS 9 ƒ, and lo and behold the new folder
      showed up in the "Unix" drve on my SS desktop with all the
      WP documents there........phew! what a relief. I thought I
      was going to have to continue using my old OS 9 computer to
      keep using WP.

      With all that out of the way, I now copied a small classic
      app called Easy Envelopes+ into the Unix root folder with
      the hope of using it within SS. When I next launched SS,
      the app (Easy Envelopes+) showed up in the "Unix" drive,
      but unfortunately it appeared as a generic icon and was not
      recognized as an application but rather as an unknown
      document. I tried rebuilding the SS desktop but that
      didn't help. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

      Regards,
      Bill C.