3461Re: How to set up SheepShaver and WP on Intel Macs

    Oct 31, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, pjandlar <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > please direct me to step-by-step instructions for setting up
      > SheepShaver to use WordPerfect on Intel Macs?

      The instructions at http://www.atpm.com/12.09/classic.shtml are
      well-done. I had trouble just dragging an OS 8.6 folder across.
      Installing from the CD fixed it. Someone else reported that
      dragging worked fine, once they subsequently booted from the
      CD, opened the system folder in the dragged system, double-
      clicked on the Finder and closed the system folder, thereby
      "blessing" it, i.e. telling the Mac it was a system folder.

      Post any stumbling blocks you have.

      The more I use SS, the better I like it. When OSX first came
      out, we were reminded frequently on BBs that Classic was not
      OS 9. But SS is OS 9 (or 8.6 in my case). I had a fairly good-
      sized library of QuicKeys macros that I had to toss when going
      to OSX. I'm going to try installing QuicKeys on SS.

      Maybe this is another of the many instances when third-party
      software just does it better.