3130Re: [wpmac] Apple profit rises 48 pct, helped by iPod sales

  • Ed Gould
    Jul 19, 2006
      On Jul 19, 2006, at 9:35 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

      > You'd think they could afford to write something more competent
      > than Pages . . .

      ---------------------SNIP-----------------------

      This has probably been talked to death on here, but at least one more
      time...
      Why do you think APPPLE has refused to get into the word processing
      game? I am reasonably new to APPLE (say about 5 years) so I don't
      know of the history.
      Did Apple have at one time a real word processor (please don't say
      Appleworks I called that about the same as pages)?
      Was it a money pit? (did they loose a lot of $$ on it?)
      Word Perfect is a respectable (best in breed?) word processor. Some
      might characterize it as *BEST* period. I have yet seen anything else
      come close to WP. MS has their word processor its a poor has been, IMO.
      Its clear the current owner of WP is not going to upgrade it to the
      INTEL, I can't understand why APPLE does not pick it up an run with
      it, especially since there is NO (that I have heard of) word
      processing program on the drawing boards at Apple.

      Ed
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic