3108Re: [wpmac] Re: Excel Question

  • Rick Albright
    Jul 12, 2006
      Privacy advocates may want to keep in mind the fact that Google
      stores all queries to its search engine (the IP address of the
      computer and the search terms). I don't know if they keep track of
      usage of usenet groups or not. So far they apparently do not release
      detailed information (such as who asked for what information) to
      outside groups, but it is stored on their servers, and a few months
      ago the federal government attempted to obtain some of this
      information. (Google gave them a much more scaled down data extract
      instead.)

      Rick Albright

      On Jul 11, 2006, at 11:25 AM, Matthew Wensley wrote:

      > Newsgroups from the Web? What will they think of next!
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Amazing how you don't know something if you have never had to look
      > for it.
      >
      > Matt
      >
      > -----------------------
      > "Fact of the matter is, there is no hip world, there is no straight
      > world. There's a world, you see, which has people in it who believe
      > in a variety of different things. Everybody believes in something and
      > everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use
      > that something to support their own existence."
      > -- Frank Zappa
      > (1940-1993), Musician
      >
      > On 11-Jul-06, at 12:19 AM, John Rethorst wrote:
      >
      > > You can access newsgroups from the web, at http://groups.google.com/

      "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual
      warfare."
      --James Madison, 1793

      Rick Albright
      logres@...