2441Re: [wpmac] Re: [ANN] WP 4.0 Icon/Version updater

  • Rick Albright
    Jan 8, 2006
      Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to for a splash screen. Pardon
      my grumpiness, but who cares what the splash screen looks like? I want
      to use the program to do stuff, not devote a lot of time to get it to
      do something that is going to, by definition, flash (or splash) across
      my screen for a few moments. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm
      denigrating what is probably some good work; but I just don't get it.
      --Rick Albright

      On Jan 7, 2006, at 6:56 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Crawford <crawf023@u...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I love the splash screen, but can't get it to load.  I've got the
      > osax
      > > in the scripting folder, and managed to get the WP4 icon to work,
      > but
      > > this has me stuck.  I'm getting the "script doesn't understand the
      > event
      > > AkuaakuaS message." Any ideas?
      > I'm stumped, since the first thing both scripts do is check for the
      > Akua osax.
      > Try this: navigate to your Scripting Additions folder, highlight
      > Akua, and do
      > a Get Info - sort of reminds the OS that the file is there. Then open
      > Script
      > Editor, a small program that comes with the Mac. Within that, open the
      > Splash screen script. Add and then delete a space anywhere in the
      > script.
      > Click the Compile button, then choose Save from the File menu, and
      > close
      > the script. Let me know how that works.
      > John R.
      > ▪  Visit your group "wordperfectmac" on the web.
      > Service.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic