2434[wpmac] Re: [ANN] WP 4.0 Icon/Version updater

    Jan 7, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, S Zaveloff <zaveloff@e...> wrote:

      > What does "run as an applet" mean?

      Run on its own, i.e. by double-clicking its icon.

      > I'm sorry, but I'm new to the Mac (I was using OS/2 until IBM
      > killed it) and I don't understand this. Please forgive my
      > lack of understanding.

      My only concern is that for every one who asks a question,
      there may be 50 or 100 people who don't ask.

      We support WP at all levels. After all these years, it appears
      that there is a total of two Mac applications that adequately
      support serious writing. Many people are still coming to the
      Mac, or giving up on another word processor, and this forum
      was never intended to be for experts only (although I'm glad
      we have several). That said, any member is welcome to jump
      in and answer questions.