2432Re: [ANN] WP 4.0 Icon/Version updater

    Jan 7, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, S Zaveloff <zaveloff@e...> wrote:

      > I'm sorry, but I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking
      > about. I can't find a Scripting Additions folder using Spotlight.

      The Akua Sweets scripting addition must be in the Scripting
      Additions folder in your OS 9 System Folder. Install as per the Icon/
      Version Updater doc, and restart.

      This is the same for users on OS 8 and 9. For OS 7x, the Scripting
      Additions folder is in the Extensions folder of the System Folder.

      Spotlight does not, by default, index the [OS 9] System folder. To
      index that folder, run this Applescript:

      do shell script "mdimport -f /\"System Folder\""

      I use the free utility EasyFind, in addition to Spotlight. It's slower,
      since it doesn't index, but it searches everywhere and has a nice
      set of options.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic