2377Re: large file

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Dec 18, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Daniel Z. Rivera" <makinao@g...> wrote:

      > Hello. My wife and I are Phd Students, and all our files are in
      > WordPerfect for Windows 10. I just got an iBook, and put in NeoOffice
      > 1.2 alpha as my officce suite. Small WP files open easily. But I tried
      > to open my wife's complete version of her dissertation draft, a 1.7 mb
      > file, and it would not open in NeoOffice. It's as if nothing happens,
      > no harddisk activity, no UI feedback, nothing.

      Very odd. I've never seen or heard of that happening before, but the largest files I've ever thrown at that particular conversion are a 700-some KB WP-Mac document (large mostly because of two images) and a 200-some KB WP-Win 8/9 doc.

      > Is there a way to get it to open?

      As others have advised, WP-Mac should be able to open it, with the steps mentioned in the "Opening and Converting in WP Mac" document in the Conversions folder of this group's File's section.

      Since you were originally trying to open the file in NeoOffice, I'm curious what happens if you try to run the file through the wpd2sxw conversion program (and then, assuming a document was created, open the converted document in Neo). wpd2sxw and an AppleScript droplet (GUI) for it are available in this package: <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libwpd/libwpd-0.8.4.dmg?download>

      Smokey
      (by way of disclaimer: WP-Mac user, libwpd/wpd2sxw for Mac OS X packager, NeoOffice community member :-) )
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic