2282Re: [ANN] Word > WP 1.1

  • gero_herrmann
    Nov 5, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, J Busch <job4031@y...> wrote:

      > I am sure that an updated RTF filter would be a big
      > project. But what is required to write an updated
      > filter? What documentation is out there for creating
      > a WP filter? Is this something that has to be
      > reversed engineered or did Corel leave documentation
      > for third party filters?
      > Just wondering where one might start.

      Easier than updating the "RTF Conversions" file in the "Conversions" folder may be creating
      a standalone conversion tool for converting between RTF and the WP 4.0 file format. This
      would have the advantage to not require Classic. If written in Perl, the conversion tool
      will also run on Mac OS 9 in MacPerl. A starting point could be the available
      RTF::HTML::Converter Perl module, which builds on the RTF::Parser module.

      http://search.cpan.org/~sargie/RTF-Parser-1.09/

      My suggestion would be to create an analogous RTF::WordPerfect::Converter module.

      Gero Herrmann
      Wiesbaden, Germany
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic