2123Re: [wpmac] Re: WP Characters

  • S Zaveloff
    Sep 22 8:15 AM
      Smokey Ardisson wrote:

      > However, characters in existing WP-PC docs won't be translated into the new
      > fonts--they'll appear as ?? boxes--and, IIRC, characters inserted with the Mac
      > versions of the fonts won't be converted into the proper characters when saving
      > as WP-PC, if you need to share with WP-PC-using folks.
      >
      > Depending on what your needs are, you might have better luck using the
      > characters built into the standard Mac "Symbol" font and the "WP Equation
      > Fonts" fonts that came with WP-Mac....

      Thanks for your help.

      The symbols that come up when I click on Insert-Symbol are rather
      limited in scope and do not have all I need. The equation editor,
      however, does seem to have what I need but when I click on Tools-
      Equation-New, I get an error message saying the equation fonts have
      not been installed in my system. They seem to be there, though. What
      could be going on?

      Steven H. Zaveloff zaveloff@...
      P.O. Box 200203 Tel: (512)219-7142
      Austin, Texas 78720-0203 Fax: (512)233-2770
      http://home.earthlink.net/~zaveloff/

      Thus shall you think of this fleeting world:
      A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
      A flash of lightning in a summer cloud;
      A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
      -Diamond Sutra
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic