2087Re: [wpmac] Re: Macros

  • R. Kevin Hill
    Aug 29, 2005
      Dear Group:

      I've been having weird problems lately with WPMac running under Mac
      Classic OSX 10.3.9. When WP opens, the whitespace in the document
      window is all grey and I can't edit the file. When I try to open an
      existing file, or try to close the new file, I get a fatal error
      dialogue and it says I have to restart the computer (in a Classic
      dialogue, not an OSX dialogue. When I hit the restart button, Classic
      dies. The only way to avoid this is to open Classic from the System
      Preferences panel "Extensions Off." Then it works fine. Any thoughts?
      I do not have this problem on my Tigerized desktop at work, or on my
      old OSX 10.3.9 laptop. It only happens on my home desktop. The
      difference between the home desktop and laptop is that the laptop is
      not online, so I haven't been doing Software Updates on it.

      --
      R. Kevin Hill
      Portland State University