1889Re: [wpmac] Printing Classic in OS X

  • eagledavid2
    Jun 11 12:44 PM
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@y...> wrote:
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "eagledavid2"
      > <eagledavid2@m...> wrote:
      > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, GAmoore@a... wrote:
      >
      > > I'm surprised. I cannot print WP or any other Classic app by just
      > > following the normal print procedure. After selecting my printer
      > > in the Chooser, and giving the Print command, I get the message
      > > "Error Numbr D308. Printer not found. Go to Chooser and select
      > > the printer again". Can anyone else throw light on this?
      >
      > There are three URLs in the Links section here: Classic Applications
      > in Tiger, Classic Environment in OSX, and Classic in OSX, all Apple
      > pages, that may help.
      >
      > When I installed the driver for my Epson (using Panther), it was
      > automatic for OSX but I had to dig into the package to find the
      > OS 9 driver, and put that in the System/Extensions folder manually.
      >
      > I think that Tiger improves printing support for Classic, letting you
      > print from a Classic app with an OSX driver.

      Many thanks - the Apple link (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/
      mh660.html) provides the perfect solution for printing Classic apps such as WP, in Tiger at
      least - simply choose Laserwriter 8 in the Chooser and follow the regular print command.
      What could be simpler?!
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic